It's always brutal when South Park or the Simpsons manage to predict something. But then again, Trey and Matt are clever scoundrels. So here we are again. Another boring white woman talking about the weight loss conundrum. Le sigh. I've talked about body issues , weight , and, uh, women's issues on this blog before, and I'm sure I'll do it again. I grew up feeling fat mainly because television, magazines aimed at teenage girls and other mean girls told me I was. My mother never told me I was. Neither did my big sister. And neither did any boy I ever liked. But society constantly did. I grew up like most girls, feeling confused by all of that. Once I got old enough to realize I was curvy and "filled out" and that wasn't a bad thing, I made my peace with it. But I was always sad (and still am) when I see a picture of myself and I'm the heaviest women in it. Sigh. I guess it never goes away...
Comments