Oh, Adam.....you majestic whiny delicate artist of a man. If I had known you, I know I would have dated you and then hated you.
I did and still do love Counting Crows and Adam. I love how this documentary really takes you back to the 90's......the time of sensitive, intelligent bands and singer-songwriters. I like how Adam is willing to make fun of himself and the time we all lived in because it did generate it's share of jokes. I love that he talks about his dreadlocks and his old romances and how different celebrity culture is now. It makes me glad that the culture, by and large, has stopped punching down, takes mental health more seriously and looks back with nostalgia at what was truly a very, real and sincere time of creativity in America.
My favorite part of this doc on former First Lady, Lady Bird Johnson, is that it is told in her own voice from her recorded audio diaries. What a gift her lovely Texas voice is! I love her realness toward her husband and the world around her, all the while respecting the tumultuous changes she was witnessing. A true class act Southern woman and one of my favorite First Ladies. Hey, without Lady Bird, we wouldn't have the EPA!
If I ever tire of learning about our First People in America, someone needs to check my forehead. While our nation's treatment of Lakota, among other tribes will never be set right, I'm glad their progeny are still working to educate and keep the story alive. I always feel something when I'm watching and experiencing these docs. I don't know if it's my whiteness or my redness, but something definitely gets stirred up in me.
Thanks to these ladies at one of my favorite podcasts for teaching me about Boudicca, the Iceni tribe of Britain and yet another reason to both love and hate the Roman Empire. These types of podcasts really make you stop and realize how different the world could have been if women had ever truly had control, and maybe just maybe, why men still try to so hard to keep it from happening. The Kamala's of the world are still just too scary, I suppose.
"Education wasn't fun, but now that school is done, higher learning's just begun!"
The Posies
Golden Blunders



Comments