I know you're all very busy living your best fabulous lives in the summer, but don't tell me you don't want to crash on the couch with your dirty hair from time to time and watch some informative tv! When you're chilling in the domicile, why not learn something?
Painkiller: The Tylenol Murders will remind you of that scary time back in the early 80's when we thought Tylenol was just the beginning.....soon all of our medicines would be poisoned! This documentary gets into an interesting conspiracy I had no idea about and only vaguely remember, and it is FASCINATING! It also introduces a very creepy man that will haunt your dreams and explains why we now have tamper-proof packaging.
The Paul Reubens documentary, Pee-Wee as Himself, touched my heart so much. As a child of the 80's I was too old for the Saturday morning show, but I loved his ridiculous Pee-Wee Herman movies.....even the circus one! Seeing him as a young actor and performer, his self-enforced secrecy, his embarrassment and harassment after his infamous arrest is all both lovely and hard to digest. And the end of it makes us once again realize how sad it is too lose talent too soon.
Other recent documentaries I've enjoyed:
Diane Von Furstenberg: Woman in Charge
Faye: Who She Was, Who She Is
The American Buffalo: A Film by Ken Burns
ESPN 30 for 30: Going Broke
ESPN 30 for 30: Darryl & Doc
The Speed Cubers

Comments