I was afraid this Amazon Prime doc might make me not love my Carolina "Pandas" as much. I was wrong. It made me love them even more.
Even though I know how the season ends, seeing them win is still joyous and seeing them lose is fresh heartbreak. I love hearing their jokes, watching them dance and listening to them get revved up on the field in the middle of plays. The everyday coworker stuff is fun too like listening to Greg Olsen explaining the plot of "Hamilton" and Luke and Cam ribbing Josh Norman on the phone before a match-up.
It's also a treat for locals as we see our city looking beautiful and feeling pride for guys we feel like we know even if we don't. It makes you love the owner, the head coach, the special coaches and even the wives and families (that you get to see). This show does a lot to get you excited for the upcoming season and hopeful for another Super Bowl.
I got to thinking about how every team seems to have a reputation for something. Some are hard partyers. Some are ruthless to win. Some are full of legacy. But the Carolina Panthers, a team that is still considered young by NFL standards, seem to be known as good guys who are also good players. They're known for their charities. For their fatherhood. And for their record-setting feats on the field. Of all the things our big city team could be known for, I think this is pretty outstanding!
