In today's world of fears, prejudice and political correctivity, maybe the only way to discuss the complex social issues of race, religion and sexuality are through the characters of horny and dysfunctional supermarket foods. Or maybe it's just a funny way to really check out from all the horrors of today's world. Either way it wasn't a bad way to spend the evening and had some pretty good LOL moments. Word of warning, you'll never look at hot dogs and buns the same again.
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...
