This is for all those Northern transplants that complain about how we don't know how to drive in the snow down here. That's right. We don't. We're smart enough to keep our asses at home on snow days and do as nature intended: be lazy, play with our kids and indulge in copious amounts of food and drink. Get it together, Yankees. As if "ice driving" is something you can put on your resume. Jesus H. Besides, we've mastered something you probably never will. How too look good in 100% humidity. Suck on that, city girls!
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...
