This could not have a more appropriate title. I guess I just don't have the Schumer gene. I get why people like her stand-up.....she says all the things most people are afraid to say. But I'm sorry, this movie was just a downer. A predictable downer at that. My husband and I decided midway through that all Apatow movies have a formula: they start out funny, always have a stoner/fuck-up character and always get way too dark and slow before the end. Oh, and they're all too long. Also, I feel like Amy owes some big-time royalties to Candace Bushnell for all the S&TC rip-offs and to whoever wrote the 90's rom-com Forget Paris for the current sports figure insertions. (Forget Paris, btw, I would watch every day of the week and twice on Sunday before sitting through this one again.)
I'm not saying it didn't have some funny moments. It did. But they weren't enough to drown out the sounds of soul-sucking that followed after. I think my E-Roc summed it up best: "That made The 40 Year-Old Virgin look like Citizen Kane." I don't think I've heard truer words since we spoke our wedding vows.
