For a documentary that you know already is going to have a sad ending, this is actually pretty entertaining and sweet. With interviews from his many siblings and fellow comedic actors, the idea you always had that Chris was a really sweet guy and funny even off-stage is solidified. Luckily, the doc didn't delve too hard into his final dark days, but instead focused on the loss felt by those around him. Being that Chris Farley was such a big part of my teenage years in his time on SNL, I still feel sad to this day when I consider he's not around anymore. But I also still enjoy everything he left behind and am grateful to him for it.
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...
