This is a heartbreakingly sweet love story of our time about two men who finally get married after nearly forty years of domestic bliss and find themselves having to live apart. It really got me thinking about how comfortable and happy you become in your domestic life (if you're lucky) and how unsettled your life can become if it is suddenly blown to bits. The thing I love about indie movies is that they don't always sew up the pieces at the end.......they leave you to figure out how you think it went......and this one is no exception.
I couldn't find a pic of the last scene which is a beautiful view of two young people skateboarding down a New York City street, literally, into the sunset. I did find these directoral stills, but they just don't give you the full effect of the final shot with the sun and the two kids. It brought me to tears, honestly, thinking about how simple it all looks and how complicated it really all is. At 15 or 55, I guess the title really says it all. Love really is strange.
I couldn't find a pic of the last scene which is a beautiful view of two young people skateboarding down a New York City street, literally, into the sunset. I did find these directoral stills, but they just don't give you the full effect of the final shot with the sun and the two kids. It brought me to tears, honestly, thinking about how simple it all looks and how complicated it really all is. At 15 or 55, I guess the title really says it all. Love really is strange.


Comments