This film not only manages to capture the power and spirit of Margaret Thatcher in her days as Prime Minister of Great Britain, but also the sadness of her mental and physical decline in her later years. And it is a sad thing to watch. Meryl Streep is brilliant as always and so is Jim Broadbent as her husband. I wasn't expecting this movie to spend so much time on her late life, but I did think it was an interesting spin on the storytelling of an interesting woman's life. Oh, and it will really take you back to the 80's.....that serious hairstyle up there? She ain't playing, boys!
This film not only manages to capture the power and spirit of Margaret Thatcher in her days as Prime Minister of Great Britain, but also the sadness of her mental and physical decline in her later years. And it is a sad thing to watch. Meryl Streep is brilliant as always and so is Jim Broadbent as her husband. I wasn't expecting this movie to spend so much time on her late life, but I did think it was an interesting spin on the storytelling of an interesting woman's life. Oh, and it will really take you back to the 80's.....that serious hairstyle up there? She ain't playing, boys!

Comments