Bad things happen every day. Near and far. People will hurt you. Life will abuse you. Events will scare you.
My way of dealing with all the bad apples of life used to be to write about them. Lately my approach has changed. Why keep re-hashing the past? (Because isn't that exactly what writing about it does?) Why not move forward, surrounding yourself with the people and things that you love and that actually love you back?
So this is what has been happening in my office.....a complete manifestation of all things I love and that make me feel good.
 |
| My current screen saver of Jane and a friend |
 |
| My current favorite quote...applies to work life, private, life, etc. |
 |
| Pics of my son and his baby sis, notes from my mom, and all manner of fun items |
 |
| More pics, more memories, more fun stuff |
 |
| One of the best days of my life |
All the many, many readers of my blog might notice this is happening here too. I had two recent bad experiences that urged me to purge through words. And I did. And then I deleted. While I think I will always be a writer at heart, I think I'm done with that kind of therapy. This blog has become my personal magazine of things I enjoy: books, movies, music, pics of my husband and son and the occasional political rant. Personal stories and essays may be pretty much on the way out.
Just like the bad feelings of the past.
I'm deciding something for myself. I have finally found my happiness in life, and it's not up for grabs by anyone.
It's never too late to turn the corner and turn it all around.
Comments