I thought we would love this flick. Me, because I love rom-coms and find Andy Samberg cute on SNL. The hubs because he loves him some Rashida Jones. But neither of those likes were enough to like this dud of a film. Just a little too sad and not cute enough for a feel-good flick. Kinda the same way I felt about Bridesmaids. All psyched up for a good laugh but instead got a big let-down.
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...

Comments