(A repost of the original from April 2012. RIP Amy Krouse Rosenthal. One of the few authors who ever wrote me back when I posted on her. I felt like she was a distant friend.)
I casually mentioned a few posts back that I was enjoying Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. But the truth is I am loving it. I am finding eery coincidences between myself and its author Amy Krouse Rosenthal. In my head, I am casually writing entries that would be in my own Encyclopedia......
Driveway I like to back out of my driveway and sit and admire my house before I leave for work in the morning. It's especially enjoyable if my fiance' has just mowed the lawn. I am annoyed if another driver comes along, forcing me to move forward before I am done in my silent reverie of admiration.
See also Fiance', House Pride.
IRL A reference I make to people I know outside of the web. Much to the annoyance of my fiance'.
See also E-Roc, The Internets.
Yes, It Happened A common quip in our household once a bad joke is made and usually made as soon as the joke is stated. As in "Orange you going to put some oranges in your fruit salad? Yes, it happened."
See also Inside Jokes, E-Roc, Fiance'.
Fiance' Since I became engaged I am thoroughly enjoying the use of the word "fiance" and am throwing it around as much as possible.
See also E-Roc, Seinfeld references, Maybe the Dingo Ate Your Baby.
An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge A short story written in the late 1800's and one of the many weird things that could be referenced before my fiance and I go to sleep at night.
See also Reading, Our Weird Life, Fiance', Overuse of.
Seriously, folks. I am late to that party on this book (like most things) but it is one of the cutest and most fun things I have read lately. Don't check this out, buy it like I did. You will want to go back to it again and again.
And Amy, if you're actually reading this, first off please take imitation as the sincerest form of flattery. And secondly, thanks for writing such a great book. For what it's worth, I will be turning your catalog upside down now!
I casually mentioned a few posts back that I was enjoying Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. But the truth is I am loving it. I am finding eery coincidences between myself and its author Amy Krouse Rosenthal. In my head, I am casually writing entries that would be in my own Encyclopedia......
Driveway I like to back out of my driveway and sit and admire my house before I leave for work in the morning. It's especially enjoyable if my fiance' has just mowed the lawn. I am annoyed if another driver comes along, forcing me to move forward before I am done in my silent reverie of admiration.
See also Fiance', House Pride.
IRL A reference I make to people I know outside of the web. Much to the annoyance of my fiance'.
See also E-Roc, The Internets.
Yes, It Happened A common quip in our household once a bad joke is made and usually made as soon as the joke is stated. As in "Orange you going to put some oranges in your fruit salad? Yes, it happened."
See also Inside Jokes, E-Roc, Fiance'.
Fiance' Since I became engaged I am thoroughly enjoying the use of the word "fiance" and am throwing it around as much as possible.
See also E-Roc, Seinfeld references, Maybe the Dingo Ate Your Baby.
An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge A short story written in the late 1800's and one of the many weird things that could be referenced before my fiance and I go to sleep at night.
See also Reading, Our Weird Life, Fiance', Overuse of.
Seriously, folks. I am late to that party on this book (like most things) but it is one of the cutest and most fun things I have read lately. Don't check this out, buy it like I did. You will want to go back to it again and again.
And Amy, if you're actually reading this, first off please take imitation as the sincerest form of flattery. And secondly, thanks for writing such a great book. For what it's worth, I will be turning your catalog upside down now!