Skip to main content

I Have Become Rob, Dick & Barry

"How can it be bullshit to state an opinion?"
John Cusack as Rob Gordon in High Fidelity

"He offended me with his horrible taste!"
An exasperated Jack Black as Barry in High Fidelity when a middle-aged man dares to ask him for "I Just Called to Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder

"It's the new Belle & Sebastion....do you like it?"
Todd Louiso as Dick......just being Dick in High Fidelity

One has to endure to some really shitty music in order to listen to Bob and Sheri in the morning. And you must know how much I LOVE Bob and Sheri to put up with hearing crap like this in between their bits. I give you It Will Rain by Bruno Mars.

If you ever leave me, baby, Leave some morphine at my door Cause it would take a whole lot of medication To realize what we used to have, We don't have it anymore.

There's no religion that could save me
No matter how long my knees are on the floor, oh So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm making To keep you by my side And keep you from walking out the door.

Cause there'll be no sunlight
if I lose you, baby There'll be no clear skies if I lose you, baby Just like the clouds, my eyes will do the same if you walk away Everyday, it will rain, rain, rain

I'll never be your mother's favorite
ah ,Your daddy can't even look me in the eye Oooh if I were in their shoes, I'd be doing the same thing Saying there goes my little girl walking with that troublesome guy

But they're just afraid of something they can't understand Oooh well little darling watch me change their minds Yeah for you I'll try, I'll try, I'll try, I'll try I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding If that'll make it right

Cause there'll be no sunlight
if I lose you, baby There'll be no clear skies if I lose you, baby Just like the clouds, my eyes will do the same if you walk away Everyday, it will rain, rain, rain

Ooooh Don't just say
goodbye, don't just say, goodbye I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding If that'll make it right

Cause there'll be no sunlight
if I lose you, baby There'll be no clear skies if I lose you, baby Just like the clouds, my eyes will do the same if you walk away Everyday, it will rain, rain, rain, rain...

Now with this, gentle readers, I must ask the following questions:

I saw Bruno Mars on the Grammy Awards and yes, he can dance like James Brown. But with his whiny plaintive voice on this tune, who is this possibly popular with other than teenage girls and pathetic emo boys?

Whoever wrote this song, either Bruno Mars or some other pathetic writer of the Tin Pan Alley of today's crappy pop, how could they ever expect the girl to take them back after this sad display of no-balls-I'll-die-if-you-leave anthem? I mean, sheesh, at least Prince had some funk would he proclaimed "I Would Die 4 U"!

How can anyone, kid or adult, be inspired when this is the music coming out of the box today? If there was ever a time to dig deep beyond terrestrial radio, this is it.

And if you like this song and other crapbag examples like it, please don't leave your snarky comments here. Find another blog.....you straight up don't belong here.

And I feel that's a quote even Rob Gordon would say......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming Your Childhood: Priceless

 This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there.  But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations.  I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time.  I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it!  I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry.  I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...

My Week with Rumor

 My dog Rumor was an experiment.  A trial offer.  And all parties knew that going in.  Except for maybe Rumor. Rumor was an outdoor country dog.  His given name was Ruger (named after a firearm if you don't know, I didn't) which made sense for a dog raised in hunting country.  He was a stray that came to live with a loving family at about the age of 1.  He lived outdoors, slept in a garage crate at night, frolicked with an older dog pack and had a lovely life. We think he was about 4 years old.  He had been neutered, had vet care and was by no means a "rescue". His dad offered Ruger to me on a give-it-a-try basis.  He knew I wanted a dog. He told me Ruger would be sweet to me and also be my protector.  He was right on both counts.  He told me if it didn't work out, I could bring Ruger back to him and his wife.  I could tell they were a little sad when they dropped him off.  It made me glad to see that Ruger came from such ...

NYE for $200, Alex

 Can we all just agree that New Year's Eve is the worst of the string of winter holidays?  I would even go so far as saying it's THE WORST of all the holidays.  I loved when Stanford Blatch defined a party as feeling very "forced festive".  To me, most NYE parties feel that way.  The idea that this is a big year-end blow-out and we'd all damn well better make it awesome! The reason I hate NYE is because it combines two of things I most hate about celebrations: cold weather and crowds.  Plus it's during a time of year when everyone has already spent all their money.  AND you usually have to the leave the house.  ADDITIONALLY, you have to stay up late.  It's a big F.U. from me on all this.   I would dare say that some of my happiest New Year's memories have been spent at home in my pajamas with either my child, an S.O. or happily alone.  I remember one unforgettable year of moving into a 3rd floor apartment on NYE.  I rememb...