Now that I'm listening to a lot more terrestrial radio, I am coming across these forgotten gems of pop music past. Anybody that knows me or knows this blog know that I'm pretty specific about what I like and don't like. Chris Daughtry? No. Madonna? Not so much. Pink Floyd? Yes. Wilco? Yes, please. But sometimes there are these crap shoots. Like......P!nk. I do kinda like her. And Lady Gaga. It's shocking, but I like her too. I don't like hardly any kind of current pop like LMFAO. And Nickelback. If you don't know that one, you haven't been paying attention.
But every now and then, I do enjoy these oldies from the past. I just like them.....for no good reason. I think it's partly that very 80's sounding synthy vibe. Or maybe it's the fashions. Or maybe it just takes me back to my childhood. No matter what....I can't help but crank it in my cute little car.
And then I started realizing that I was embarrassed and would be embarrassed if anyone heard me listening to some tunes. I found myself turning down the volume at stop lights. I was embarrassed for myself!
Some of them aren't really bad songs, but you really wouldn't want people to know you like them. Especially since you're listening to them on the "light" local station. Sheesh. I'm so disgusted with myself right now.
But anyhow, I came up with a list of guilty pleasure tunes.....the songs I actually do like but wouldn't want anyone to know. And worse, wouldn't want anyone to see me rocking out to in my car.
Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money
Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
Everything I Do (I Do It For You) by Bryan Adams
Come Out and Play by The Offspring
Silver Spring by The Dixie Chicks (cover)
Callin' Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks
Picture by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow
Easy Lover by Phil Collins and Philip Bailey
And now that I've come clean, won't you do the same? We've been living this shameful lie for much too long.
I need to go take a shower now.