Even though I'm about 4 years behind, I finally just finished Broken Music a memoir by Sting. The book was good, but as a longtime Police and Sting fan, I wanted to hear more about the songs and what was behind them. This book was more about his childhood and movements toward music and not so much about The Police beyond their beginnings. That's okay. After reading it, I have such a greater respect and appreciation for why Sting loves and performs the music he does, his influences and what I always I guessed and now know: how intelligent he is.
I've always loved Sting......both with The Police and on his own. When E-Roc and I saw The Police on their reunion tour a few years ago, it was one of the best huge arena shows I've ever seen. I remember when they started Synchronicity II and E-Roc leaned over to me and said "I have chills". Only true music fans would ever understand.
I also saw Sting on a solo tour when I was about 18 and it was equally thrilling. I remember when he walked out on stage and was bathed in the yellow light while wearing a plain white button-down shirt how he looked like a god. I remember being thrilled at waiting all my life to hear him sing Fortress Around Your Heart. It was a concert moment I'll never forget.
So for your Friday Playlist, I bring you my fave songs by The Police and Sting. I won't bother labeling who did which and when. YOU should already know that!
~Walking on the Moon~
~You Still Touch Me~
~Can't Stand Losing You~
~De Do Do Do De Da Da Da~
~Fragile~
~Fields of Gold~
~Desert Rose~
~Message in a Bottle~
~If You Love Somebody Set Them Free~
~We'll Be Together Tonight~
~Every Little Thing She Does is Magic~
~Don't Stand So Close to Me~
~Be Still My Beating Heart~
~English Man in New York~
~Every Breath You Take~
~Roxanne~
And my four favorites that are just too hard to rank, for I love them so:
~All This Time
~King of Pain
~Synchronicity II
~Fortress Around Your Heart
Aaaaah....kinda makes you wanna bust out that I-Pod right now......
I've always loved Sting......both with The Police and on his own. When E-Roc and I saw The Police on their reunion tour a few years ago, it was one of the best huge arena shows I've ever seen. I remember when they started Synchronicity II and E-Roc leaned over to me and said "I have chills". Only true music fans would ever understand.
I also saw Sting on a solo tour when I was about 18 and it was equally thrilling. I remember when he walked out on stage and was bathed in the yellow light while wearing a plain white button-down shirt how he looked like a god. I remember being thrilled at waiting all my life to hear him sing Fortress Around Your Heart. It was a concert moment I'll never forget.
So for your Friday Playlist, I bring you my fave songs by The Police and Sting. I won't bother labeling who did which and when. YOU should already know that!
~Walking on the Moon~
~You Still Touch Me~
~Can't Stand Losing You~
~De Do Do Do De Da Da Da~
~Fragile~
~Fields of Gold~
~Desert Rose~
~Message in a Bottle~
~If You Love Somebody Set Them Free~
~We'll Be Together Tonight~
~Every Little Thing She Does is Magic~
~Don't Stand So Close to Me~
~Be Still My Beating Heart~
~English Man in New York~
~Every Breath You Take~
~Roxanne~
And my four favorites that are just too hard to rank, for I love them so:
~All This Time
~King of Pain
~Synchronicity II
~Fortress Around Your Heart
Aaaaah....kinda makes you wanna bust out that I-Pod right now......
Comments