So many things happening lately and so little time to write it down......
First off, I really had a great time at my first roller derby bout! I hate it has taken me so long to get to one (motherhood.....what can I say?) but I hope to make it to the next one. Seeing all those tough athletically-skilled women really made me feel empowered, and I felt proud of them even though I didn't know them.
I also got to see one of my favorite local bands recently........and it was great until the whirling dervish of weather began! But I have to say, it was still fun. When the electric goes out and you're hovering around with your honey while the rain splashes off a tin roof......still not a bad night.
And of course, Little Boy turned 9......finished his last day at the school where he's been since age 4......started his summer with his nanny that he loves.....there have been some adjustments for mommy......but I think we're on our way.
And there are other big possibilities on the horizon for me......possible job advancements.....possible home ownership......I need to wait and see on some things, but I feel like I am right on the verge of several good things.
Stay tuned!
First off, I really had a great time at my first roller derby bout! I hate it has taken me so long to get to one (motherhood.....what can I say?) but I hope to make it to the next one. Seeing all those tough athletically-skilled women really made me feel empowered, and I felt proud of them even though I didn't know them.
I also got to see one of my favorite local bands recently........and it was great until the whirling dervish of weather began! But I have to say, it was still fun. When the electric goes out and you're hovering around with your honey while the rain splashes off a tin roof......still not a bad night.
And of course, Little Boy turned 9......finished his last day at the school where he's been since age 4......started his summer with his nanny that he loves.....there have been some adjustments for mommy......but I think we're on our way.
And there are other big possibilities on the horizon for me......possible job advancements.....possible home ownership......I need to wait and see on some things, but I feel like I am right on the verge of several good things.
Stay tuned!
Comments