Now here I've been thinking for years that the end of the world was to take place in 2012. And now it's apparently upon us? Tomorrow? At 6 in the evening???
How did Armageddon sneak up on me like that?
Now I'm not making fun of how anyone believes or their religious choices, but even I know from my Sunday School days that these things can't be predicted. And I could jump in with the hordes of heathens making their plans to loot and sin once the holy are carted away, but that just seems.....well....wrong. But at the same time, I can't be one to quickly repent or sell my worldly goods. That seems....well....stupid.
I'm terribly interested in people who believe in all of this though. I guess it's hard to walk away from diatribes that you've heard your whole life from the pulpit, but I'm astonished by people who seem to want the world to end. If you believe in God and the afterlife, I guess it's the reward you've waited for your whole life. But why are you in such a hurry? Won't you get there when you die anyway? Wouldn't you like to enjoy your time on Earth with the people you love now? Because, let's be truthful, not all of them will get there with you. I'm just sayin.......
Maybe not being a zealot myself, I just don't get it.
So I guess being the reasonably sane and sensible person that I am, I'll just go about life as I know it.......pick my kid up from school......do the grocery shopping later......maybe get out for a while with my honey tonight......go to Little Boy's last (only because it's the end of the season) t-ball game tomorrow........maybe the park tomorrow afternoon.........
We'll see how it goes after that.
As for plans and assessment? Well, let's see......
I talk to and see my parents and sister regularly.....I set up a YouTube account for my niece last week.......I hug and love and care for my kid every day.......I recently reconnected with an old friend and helped a newer friend through a personal struggle.....I tell the friends in my life that I love and appreciate them regularly.......I finally had the guts to make a life with the love of my life.......I've worked hard.......been hurt......come back......said I was sorry......got over it.......got well.....and got on with it.
For the score-keeping Christians, that won't make the list for being "raptured". But for me, it has made for a pretty good life.
And I hope it doesn't end tomorrow.
Just sayin......
How did Armageddon sneak up on me like that?
Now I'm not making fun of how anyone believes or their religious choices, but even I know from my Sunday School days that these things can't be predicted. And I could jump in with the hordes of heathens making their plans to loot and sin once the holy are carted away, but that just seems.....well....wrong. But at the same time, I can't be one to quickly repent or sell my worldly goods. That seems....well....stupid.
I'm terribly interested in people who believe in all of this though. I guess it's hard to walk away from diatribes that you've heard your whole life from the pulpit, but I'm astonished by people who seem to want the world to end. If you believe in God and the afterlife, I guess it's the reward you've waited for your whole life. But why are you in such a hurry? Won't you get there when you die anyway? Wouldn't you like to enjoy your time on Earth with the people you love now? Because, let's be truthful, not all of them will get there with you. I'm just sayin.......
Maybe not being a zealot myself, I just don't get it.
So I guess being the reasonably sane and sensible person that I am, I'll just go about life as I know it.......pick my kid up from school......do the grocery shopping later......maybe get out for a while with my honey tonight......go to Little Boy's last (only because it's the end of the season) t-ball game tomorrow........maybe the park tomorrow afternoon.........
We'll see how it goes after that.
As for plans and assessment? Well, let's see......
I talk to and see my parents and sister regularly.....I set up a YouTube account for my niece last week.......I hug and love and care for my kid every day.......I recently reconnected with an old friend and helped a newer friend through a personal struggle.....I tell the friends in my life that I love and appreciate them regularly.......I finally had the guts to make a life with the love of my life.......I've worked hard.......been hurt......come back......said I was sorry......got over it.......got well.....and got on with it.
For the score-keeping Christians, that won't make the list for being "raptured". But for me, it has made for a pretty good life.
And I hope it doesn't end tomorrow.
Just sayin......
Comments