This non-fiction book focusing on case studies out of Atlanta could be your city and could definitely be mine. It could be you and it could be me. It's riveting, it's sad and it's atrocious. It's the best and most necessary social-economic commentary I've seen in a long time.
I've told many people that this book is the Nickel and Dimed of our time but instead of focusing on the wage crisis, this one is looking at the affordable housing crisis. Doesn't affect you? Think again. It effects us all, but it desperately hurts a certain few.
And I hope to whatever god you believe in that if you still don't understand white privilege and the long-term effects of slavery and Jim Crow laws, that at least you have a better education after spending time here.
It will also make you never look at an extended-stay hotel the same again.

Comments