Yeah, yeah, yeah.....I know errrrbody talking about The Holdovers right now. Set to win (and has already won) quite a few major awards. An instant holiday classic. Another Alexander Payne triumph. Another Giamatti triumph.
True, true, all true.
But I'm here for Miss Da'vine, y'all. Cuz I've loved her ever since the Hulu series version of High Fidelity.
Because the humor, wit and lovability that she brings to Cherise damn near puts
Jack Black's Barry to shame. And given that this is one of my all-time favorite movie characters ever (and probably definitely my favorite Jack Black role) this is no small feat.
But the humanity and presence of Ms. Randolph cannot be overlooked in The Holdovers. She's the mother of pain, hurt and resilience. She's the Wise Woman that every film (and life) needs to have. She's every grown-ass woman that had to endure the behavior of some spoiled-ass boys (and some of us have the battle scars to prove it).
So I'm just gonna be over here cheering for Miss Da'Vine and seeing what the rest of the Awards Season has to offer. It's always fun to watch a new icon on the rise.
Comments