Dear Eddie,
I know you're a big Cubs fan. How could I not? Anyone that knows you KNOWS that you love the Chicago Cubs. Didn't you write and sing a tribute song for them? Aren't you at most all the home games? Haven't you sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and thrown out first pitches and posed with players and eaten all the hot-dogs?
And even though I never watch baseball, I want your Cubbies to win. I do. You gave me Corduroy. You gave me Not For You and Lukin. Your voice was the soundtrack of my teenage life.
So I'm gonna root, root for the Cubbies. I'm gonna cross my fingers. I'm gonna hold my rabbit's foot. I'm gonna send out my good juju vibes. Because those are just small things that I can do for you and your team, so I'm gonna try.
And I hope you're gonna wake up tomorrow happy with a winning team. I hope that for you and for Chicago. You've all earned it. Good luck tonight.


