Little Boy continues to love his time spent with the horses, and I grow more and more fond of them myself. I've learned that Flint here is a rescue horse who previously worked for the Amish, pulling buggies and such. He is between 22 and 25 years old and has the disposition of a (mostly) kindly old man. Little Boy is learning to take care of Flint as well as riding him with ease. He trotted for the first time this past week and the smile on his face was unmistakable. I definitely can advocate equine therapy for just about any child based on the reaction I've seen from my child and the others we've met at the stables. Look for a farm near you to learn more! We ride at Victory Farms, Inc in Gastonia, and I highly recommend!
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...

Comments