Today there is a big football game in America, but I'm more interested in the upcoming week of commemorations and retrospectives of The Beatles landing in America 50 years ago this week!
If you read this blog at all, you will know that I love The Beatles and because of that, my son loves The Beatles. We have Beatles records, books, CDs, magazines, posters and the like all through our house. My son listens to a Beatles CD on a loop when he goes to sleep every night. My husband and I recently took him to his first concert: a Beatles tribute band!
With all of that, I sometimes wonder what my life would be like without The Beatles. I've been listening to them with a passion for 20 years, but even before that, I think they were a part of my subconscious growing up when I didn't even know it yet. And the same for my kid. I was singing "Yesterday" and "In My Life" when I was rocking him as an infant. I can't imagine another band that would have colored both our lives the way The Beatles have.
So I often wonder about these people that don't "get" The Beatles. Or who say they don't "like" them. Or that they don't know any of their songs. How can that possibly be?
Well, if you're one of those sad old souls, I will tell you it's not too late! This is the perfect week to discover your love for the greatest band of our time, and there will be plenty of opportunities to do it. Just click on my label for The Beatles over here to your right. It's the perfect place to start......
If you read this blog at all, you will know that I love The Beatles and because of that, my son loves The Beatles. We have Beatles records, books, CDs, magazines, posters and the like all through our house. My son listens to a Beatles CD on a loop when he goes to sleep every night. My husband and I recently took him to his first concert: a Beatles tribute band!
With all of that, I sometimes wonder what my life would be like without The Beatles. I've been listening to them with a passion for 20 years, but even before that, I think they were a part of my subconscious growing up when I didn't even know it yet. And the same for my kid. I was singing "Yesterday" and "In My Life" when I was rocking him as an infant. I can't imagine another band that would have colored both our lives the way The Beatles have.
So I often wonder about these people that don't "get" The Beatles. Or who say they don't "like" them. Or that they don't know any of their songs. How can that possibly be?
Well, if you're one of those sad old souls, I will tell you it's not too late! This is the perfect week to discover your love for the greatest band of our time, and there will be plenty of opportunities to do it. Just click on my label for The Beatles over here to your right. It's the perfect place to start......

Comments