I think I've written before about my love/hate relationship with Jen Lancaster. (And when I read reviews of her recent books, I realized I wasn't alone.) Here's the thing. Jen is crass. Jen is mean. Sometimes she is an all-out bitch. But she is also hilarious. And even though I can hardly relate to any of her life (and definitely to NONE of her politics) I still can't help but think I'd want to sit at her table at any given ladies luncheon.
Her blogs and memoirs have given me varied opinions, but I found this book really entertaining and charming. If you lived any during the 80's, you will probably love it even if you don't relate entirely to the story. It's a fun read and not at all serious, and sweet jebus, don't we all need that sometimes?
And yes, the title is a reference to the Whitesnake song. You. Are. Welcome.
Her blogs and memoirs have given me varied opinions, but I found this book really entertaining and charming. If you lived any during the 80's, you will probably love it even if you don't relate entirely to the story. It's a fun read and not at all serious, and sweet jebus, don't we all need that sometimes?
And yes, the title is a reference to the Whitesnake song. You. Are. Welcome.

Comments