Anybody that knows me and knows my kid knows that I love The Beatles and I taught my kid to love them too. It's nothing for Little Boy to break into "Hello, Goodbye" or "Michelle" for no reason. So to honor this historic day, I am bringing you my list of Top 20 Favorite Beatles songs. That was a tuffy.......I mean, c'mon......only twenty???? But here they are in no particular order:
In My Life
Here Comes the Sun
Across the Universe
(hafta admit I love the Rufus Wainwright version more, but I must give credit to where it is due and that goes to John)
I Want to Hold Your Hand
Good Morning
(Little Boy insists that we stay through every single animal sound at the end as he names them off)
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
(okay, I partly love this one after reading about James Hetfield hearing it for the first time and saying "what's that? that's pretty fucking hot!" I think of that interview disclosure every time I hear the song)
A Day in the Life
Something
(Oh, George.......)
Hard Day's Night
Hey Jude
(every time I hear "so let it out and let it in" I think I take an involuntary deep breathe......I can't help it!)
When I'm 64
She Loves You
Yesterday
Ticket to Ride
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
Get Back
Hello, Goodbye
Yellow Submarine
(which contains one of my favorite lines in a song ever, "and we live a life of ease, every one of us, has all he needs....." so simple, so Zen)
Blackbird
Gosh! I think I need to let the I-Pod spin for the rest of the day.........
In My Life
Here Comes the Sun
Across the Universe
(hafta admit I love the Rufus Wainwright version more, but I must give credit to where it is due and that goes to John)
I Want to Hold Your Hand
Good Morning
(Little Boy insists that we stay through every single animal sound at the end as he names them off)
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
(okay, I partly love this one after reading about James Hetfield hearing it for the first time and saying "what's that? that's pretty fucking hot!" I think of that interview disclosure every time I hear the song)
A Day in the Life
Something
(Oh, George.......)
Hard Day's Night
Hey Jude
(every time I hear "so let it out and let it in" I think I take an involuntary deep breathe......I can't help it!)
When I'm 64
She Loves You
Yesterday
Ticket to Ride
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
Get Back
Hello, Goodbye
Yellow Submarine
(which contains one of my favorite lines in a song ever, "and we live a life of ease, every one of us, has all he needs....." so simple, so Zen)
Blackbird
Gosh! I think I need to let the I-Pod spin for the rest of the day.........
Comments