For my engaged readers and interested parties, here is a breakdown of my year with links to the relevant posts. We still have about one more month to go for the Year of the Rabbit, and I would have to say that it did turn out to be a lucky and prosperous year for me. But I still don't have any trouble sending my Hare advice out to the world....go, Rabbits, go!
Biggest Moments
1) closing on my house......
2) getting inked on E-Roc
3) Little Boy growing up more and more
4) my unexpected help with an accident......this just taught me a lot
Proudest Financial Escapades
1) purchasing my new home....for the first time....in my own name!
2) purchasing my new car.......ditto!
3) getting a quasi promotion at work
4) paying for movers.....the best $600 I ever spent
5) filing my own taxes
Happiest Times
1) easy-going weekends with E-Roc and Little Boy
2) sitting on my back deck
3) fun times with my favorite new girl friend
4) loving my boys....just loving them so much
Growing Moments
1) missing and worrying about Little Boy during his dad's wedding weekend
2) watching Little Boy change so much
3) hoping for the best and categorizing my own feelings about marriage, children, etc.
Sad Moments
1) having to give up control of many of Little Boy's activities
2) watching a friend go through very hard times
3) learning things I wish I didn't even know.....a blog post so upsetting I didn't even post it
4) the shop dogs going away.....I still miss them!
5) saying goodbye to the old apartment......sniff
Best Discoveries
1) My Morning Jacket
2) 2013 Wolves
3) Amazon.com after a bit of a hiatus
4) Little Boy's love of the weirdness
5) great new blogs
Biggest Break-Throughs
1) letting go bad things and bad people from the past
2) starting on writing some new fiction again
3) not trying to fix or change people that aren't my responsibility
Best Books
1) Just Kids by Patti Smith
2) Fall of Giants by Ken Follett
3) Paint It Black by Janet Fitch
Best in Culture and So-On
1) fundraising, good deeds, good people
2) The Obama Family.....just a great family to represent our country
3) Modern Family.....it has to be the best show on TV at the moment
4) Beavis and Butthead.....I just can't help it.....I'm so glad they're back
5) the war ending
6) slow but steady upswing of the economy
7) this was just too funny and too perfect not to repeat
8) men and their hair!
Fails
1) Facebook.....I love it......I hate it......I can't figure out my relationship with it
2) the Conservative Presidential race
3) Casey Anthony verdict
4) the myriad of disappearing women and children and how quickly their stories are forgotten
5) anything Kardashian
6) blaming Obama for everything
Hopes for 2012
1) more fun times with my boys
2) more growth in Little Boy
3) adventures with E-Roc
4) a great summer trip
5) more growth in my job
6) more time with my family, especially my sister and niece
7) just keep livin......L.I.V.I.N.
Thanks for reading......see you next year..........
Biggest Moments
1) closing on my house......
2) getting inked on E-Roc
3) Little Boy growing up more and more
4) my unexpected help with an accident......this just taught me a lot
Proudest Financial Escapades
1) purchasing my new home....for the first time....in my own name!
2) purchasing my new car.......ditto!
3) getting a quasi promotion at work
4) paying for movers.....the best $600 I ever spent
5) filing my own taxes
Happiest Times
1) easy-going weekends with E-Roc and Little Boy
2) sitting on my back deck
3) fun times with my favorite new girl friend
4) loving my boys....just loving them so much
Growing Moments
1) missing and worrying about Little Boy during his dad's wedding weekend
2) watching Little Boy change so much
3) hoping for the best and categorizing my own feelings about marriage, children, etc.
Sad Moments
1) having to give up control of many of Little Boy's activities
2) watching a friend go through very hard times
3) learning things I wish I didn't even know.....a blog post so upsetting I didn't even post it
4) the shop dogs going away.....I still miss them!
5) saying goodbye to the old apartment......sniff
Best Discoveries
1) My Morning Jacket
2) 2013 Wolves
3) Amazon.com after a bit of a hiatus
4) Little Boy's love of the weirdness
5) great new blogs
Biggest Break-Throughs
1) letting go bad things and bad people from the past
2) starting on writing some new fiction again
3) not trying to fix or change people that aren't my responsibility
Best Books
1) Just Kids by Patti Smith
2) Fall of Giants by Ken Follett
3) Paint It Black by Janet Fitch
Best in Culture and So-On
1) fundraising, good deeds, good people
2) The Obama Family.....just a great family to represent our country
3) Modern Family.....it has to be the best show on TV at the moment
4) Beavis and Butthead.....I just can't help it.....I'm so glad they're back
5) the war ending
6) slow but steady upswing of the economy
7) this was just too funny and too perfect not to repeat
8) men and their hair!
Fails
1) Facebook.....I love it......I hate it......I can't figure out my relationship with it
2) the Conservative Presidential race
3) Casey Anthony verdict
4) the myriad of disappearing women and children and how quickly their stories are forgotten
5) anything Kardashian
6) blaming Obama for everything
Hopes for 2012
1) more fun times with my boys
2) more growth in Little Boy
3) adventures with E-Roc
4) a great summer trip
5) more growth in my job
6) more time with my family, especially my sister and niece
7) just keep livin......L.I.V.I.N.
Thanks for reading......see you next year..........
Comments