It looks like the suit against Wal-Mart that claims they pay less to women and deny them promotions appears to be going forward. Right on, Ladies!
I have always had mixed feelings about Wal-Mart. I've often heard that they practice discrimination in their stores to both patrons and employees. And the shopping experience there is often, well.....uh.....less than desirable. But their super low prices make it hard to beat for those items you need around the house. However, the guilt I feel for buying those most-likely-made-overseas products is palpable. What's a working mom to do?
And in a totally un-related story, these women are drugging rich older men and then making off with their money and Rolex watches in the ritzy South Beach area.
Now I'm not saying this is okay or even funny (well.....maybe a little bit funny) but isn't it nice not to see women on the receiving end of a roofie for a change? Honestly though, drugging and stealing from unsuspecting men is not cool. It's not cool to do to anybody. But can I offer a piece of advice all of us girls got way back in our first semester of college? Never, ever leave your drink unattended. And never, ever accept a drink from guy you don't know and/or trust.
That's straight from me to you, Mr. 50-Something Man. You're not as charming as you may think, and your watch would look really good pawned into something else!
I have always had mixed feelings about Wal-Mart. I've often heard that they practice discrimination in their stores to both patrons and employees. And the shopping experience there is often, well.....uh.....less than desirable. But their super low prices make it hard to beat for those items you need around the house. However, the guilt I feel for buying those most-likely-made-overseas products is palpable. What's a working mom to do?
And in a totally un-related story, these women are drugging rich older men and then making off with their money and Rolex watches in the ritzy South Beach area.
Now I'm not saying this is okay or even funny (well.....maybe a little bit funny) but isn't it nice not to see women on the receiving end of a roofie for a change? Honestly though, drugging and stealing from unsuspecting men is not cool. It's not cool to do to anybody. But can I offer a piece of advice all of us girls got way back in our first semester of college? Never, ever leave your drink unattended. And never, ever accept a drink from guy you don't know and/or trust.
That's straight from me to you, Mr. 50-Something Man. You're not as charming as you may think, and your watch would look really good pawned into something else!
Comments
Dixie