Skip to main content

Jim Morrison, July 3 1971

The grand highway
is
crowded
w/
lovers
&
searchers
&
leavers
so
eager
to
please
&
forget.

Wilderness.



Where'd you learn about
  Satan - out of a book
Love? - out of a box


 


Poet of the call-girl storm

She left a note on the bedroom door.
"If I'm out, bring me to."





I am troubled
Immeasurably
By your eyes

I am struck
By the feather
of your soft
Reply

The sound of glass
Speaks quick
Disdain

And conceals
What your eyes fight
To explain

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming Your Childhood: Priceless

 This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there.  But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations.  I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time.  I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it!  I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry.  I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is a lot of inte

Local Heroes

 The deaths of two local heroes in my community have really got me thinking.  They were the epitome of "regular guys" doing great things and bringing a lot of happiness to others.  They weren't politicians or beat cops or firefighters.  They weren't curing cancer or scaling Everest.  They were guys bringing joy and love to every day life.  The kind of men you could sit and chat with and learn something from while you were doing it.  They were pure and honest and real.  Dan Wade is credited for making huge moves with bringing craft beer culture to Charlotte.  He was part owner and brewmaster for Wooden Robot who was known for his zeal for life, dedication to his business and was described by friends and customers as "pure joy".   When he died suddenly and tragically, he left behind a wife, a newborn son and a wealth of friends and family who loved and respected him. But he also leaves successful businesses and a model for going forward that will serve the enj

Is It Love or Just a Cheap Condo?

 When you're single, everyone has advice for you.  Especially people who haven't dated in over 20 years.  Boy, are they full of it!  Advice, I mean.  Of course, that's what I mean. I never really felt like I had trouble dating when I was younger.  I liked a boy, he liked me, we went out.  Or either he didn't like me, I pined over him for 6-8 weeks then met a new boy.  It didn't feel that hard or complicated.  You spent time together, got to know one another, found activities you enjoyed doing together, checked on your chemistry and then boom!  You had yourself a relationship. I'm not trying to make light of the tricky business of finding love.  Not at all.  On one hand, it's an absolute goddamm miracle that you can find a kindred flame in a whole other body.  And someone who looks and smells good too!  It's one of life's greatest beautiful accomplishments. Rufus Wainwright said it best (of course he says so many things best): "Life is a game, an